We’ve undergone many changes over the years and are now a fully accessible facility with a chapel
and seating for 150.
Our building was constructed in 1904 and served as the original Methodist Church in Artesia.
The Church of Christ began holding services in the building in 1912. They briefly held services elsewhere in town in 1912 and 1913 and then returned.
Meanwhile, the building was also used as Corrington College, a music conservatory, from 1913 to 1914.
The Church of Christ rented rooms for their services until 1920, at which time they purchased the building.
The building served as the Church of Christ until 1949 when it was purchased by Wayne Paulin. It would serve as the new location for Paulin Funeral Home which had been located at 409 West Main Street.
Calvin Terpening took over the business in 1954.